BYU Youth Dancesport Director
Betsy Denney, Director
BYU Youth Dancesport Program
Betsy Denney has a BA in Dance from Brigham Young University. She is certified with the ISTD in licentiate ballroom and Latin and is adjunct faculty at BYU. She started ballroom dancing on a formation team at the age of 12 and then came to BYU where she had the privilege of touring with the Ballroom Dance Company for 5 years and she also received the top BYU Student Dance Instructor. During that time, she was able to compete with the team in Blackpool, England 2 times. Betsy was a US Youth 10–Dance Champion, US Youth Standard Champion, and a 2–time US Amateur Smooth Champion. She and her husband Karson also competed professionally in the American Smooth style. Betsy started teaching in the BYU Youth program in 2002 and has loved every moment since!
THE FOLLOWING INFO IS FROM THE PAST 2016 SUMMER.
INFORMATION FOR 2017 SUMMER WILL BE UPDATED AT A LATER DATE.
PLEASE CHECK BACK.
Summer Technique Classes
For syllabus-level dancers
Our goal is to improve technique and also prepare each dancer to compete in syllabus-level events at the BYU Summer Dancesport Challenge to be held August 5, 2016.
- June 27-August 4, 2016
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Pre-teen/7th Grade Junior Class and Junior/Youth Class
- Tuition: $90 before June 10, 2016
- Tuition: $105 after June 10, 2016
Open Competitors Camps
For open-level competitors
This camp is for Open Couples (7th Grade Juniors, Juniors, and Youth). Those enrolled in these camps will benefit from working with top professionals, who will help refine their skills and competitive techniques.
June Ballroom/Smooth Competitors Camp
- June 27-29, 2016
- 1:00pm-5:00pm, BYU Richards Building
- Instructors: Oskar Wojciechowski and Karolina Holody, Dawid and Natalie Schulz
- Tuition: $95 per person before June 10, 2016
- Tuition: $110 starts June 10, 2016
July Latin Competitors Camp
- July 26-28, 2016
- 1:00pm-5:00pm, BYU Richards Building, Room 2206
- Instructors: Andre and Natalie Paramanov
- Tuition: $95 per person before July 8, 2016
- Tuition: $110 starts July 8, 2016